November 2, 2018
535 Albany Street
Boston, MA 02118
- SUSAN JANE BELTON Focusing on all things coffee, Belton collects cups and lids by the 100s and investigates the contemporary ritual of take-out coffee, brand loyalty and visual language. She paints realistic portraits of take-out coffee cups, work on paper and vellum, and sculptural pieces employing actual cups. Other work includes landscapes.
- BRUCE BEMIS: FRIENDS OF BLACKSTONE SCHOOL Painted wood reliefs explore themes of body, architecture, and landscape as inspired by the painting of India.
- CAROL DAYNARD Mixed media, paintings and works on paper.
- LAURA EVANS Sculpture, drawings and collages in a variety of media. My subject matter ranges from lunch bags to biomorphs with an emphasis on humble materials playfully at work.
- NICK GREVILLE Abstract painter (acrylic and oils).
- JUDI ROTENBERG Large format, exuberant still-life's that are anchored in studies of color, composition and the emotive power of paint
- IBRAHIM ALI-SALAAM Oil painter, figurative paintings and bicycle paintings.
- HEIDI WHITMAN New canvas and paper constructions, cut paper collages, and ink and gouache paintings on paper. Imagined terrains conflating the structure of the city and the structure of the mind.
- ELIZABETH ZELDIN Watercolors, works on paper, modern icons, custom-designed jewelry.
- WALTER KOPEC With roots in wordplay, puzzle-making/solving, and letterform manipulation representing the duality of language, the sculptural work seeks to comment on issues of contemporary relevance and the follies of the human condition.
- LYNN WRIGHT Lynn collects small scraps of fabric that would otherwise be discarded. She collages unraveled warp and weft threads, various patterns and found objects to create cards and wall hangings.
- JOE GREENE Joe Greene will be presenting new contemporary fine art photography, produced with the architectural and interior design markets in mind. Joe's large scale colorful photographs of scrap metal can be printed as beautiful murals, prints and on metal, perfect for hanging in private places as well as public spaces.
- LISA HOUCK Paintings, prints, mosaics, ceramics, cards and puzzles inspired by nature and infused with color and pattern.
- JANE KAMINE Paintings on canvas, vibrant drawings informed by architecture and sculpture, gouache on Japanese papers, and collages of antique and handmade papers.
- MARILYN LEVIN Oil paintings, watercolors, giclee prints. Expressive faces, colorful abstractions, metallic surfaces.
- LIETTE MARCIL Marcil is fascinated with art from ancient and primitive cultures. In her paintings she borrows images from those ancient sources and introduces her patterns and markings, creating a personal world of mythical dimensions. Other work includes Ceramics (masks, wall hangings, hand painted tiles).
- ANNE NEELY Watercolors from Maine and Ireland. Paintings from imagination of landscapes and recent interior meanderings of the mind. All in my studio!
- JO ANN ROTHSCHILD Observed and improvised, color filled and quiet, big and small, figurative and abstract: Painting, Drawing, Collage and Prints.
- JILL STRAIT My work is inspired by my love of Bluegrass, Old Time and traditional country music. I paint and print images of acoustic instruments with a variety of vintage fabric patterns from my collection of square dance dresses and western memorabilia.
- NANCY SIMONDS Large and small collage and gouache on paper works featuring an array of radiant color and shape, inspired by both the colors of the seasons and architectural and organic forms.